Sunday, April 18, 2010

Empower.




My 3rd Youth Rally, but my 2nd one with SLYM.. and the 1st one I actually cried at. I came here screaming my butt off for our church showing pride and threw my cool card away. Dancing around outside, singing Justin Bieber, sitting on the tallest people's shoulders and sweating like haaaaail. Then we walked in, having fun and being here with about 700 people to show our faith and come to know and learn more about our Christ. Witness talks, Rosary Rap, enjoying the day. Then all the Witnesses in the skit got ready, we all were excited / scared. Ran through the skit and had a prayer circle. The prayer really reminded me of when Pastor Ed said before "Acts Of Faith" -- "This is for Christ and this is for eternity." Which meant to all of us, all out no matter what. We chilled at the back of the hall, and then everyone was like "WE NEED TO CRY !" so everyone tried making themselves cry, haha "can I have $10" skit. But, I knew that my character SHOULD be crying. A drug addict who doesn't know what to do anymore, that is sick of the drugs and turns to God for the answer, the last hope. So, I tried and I couldn't do it, you know how you talk to yourself in your head ? yeah THAT WASN'T WORKING -_- so I walked a lil' father away from everyone, and whispered to myself out loud. It ran through my mouth like It needed to be heard by my ears..

You have to convey to the audience this is real life, people go through this, this performance can change someone's life. You have to be the God in others life and show them that God is waiting for you to call on his name. So why are you doing this ? Why did you get put into Neil's group, but after was transferred to Jason's because of the breaking part. How come you were put in the SLYM then put into the drug addicts.. then It came to me. I needed this performance just as much as those kind of people in the audience. I constantly fought with myself on which was more important to me the drugs / alcohol or God. It was repent and forgiveness 1 week, then temptation was in your face then you suddenly didn't care. Then you wake up and realize what you have done, repent then do it all over again. A circle. World fighting against your Faith. I thought of all the times that Christ gave me so much, AE, SLYM, CFBC, brothers & sisters in Christ and Youth Rally. I realized how much I played my real role on stage. On stage I was the drug addict to the people, but I knew that wasn't acting. And we finally turn to God for the last resort. We are lost, hopeless, but he's always been there. I finally see that I was put into Jason's group for a reason, God was trying to help me show others that Christ will fill that hole in our hearts, and for me to realize that I can't keep putting drugs and alcohol in the picture and putting my pocket God back in my pocket. I was so overwhelmed because that was the most mysterious thing that God actually revealed to me.

As we all tried to make ourselves, I came back to the group, balling. Not fake tears, but the real tears. We went on stage, while we were on as drug addicts, I bawled. But when we put on our SLYM shirts, I smiled so much, with tears of joy in my eyes, knowing that I acted my story and other people's on stage. I knew he did all those things for a reason on that day.. and I'm so happy.

____________________________________________________

Later, we started adoration. Having worn baggy / torn up jeans on stage, I got bad rug burns on my knees which meant it hurt so bad to kneel. But, I knew that I had to kneel, it was needed. They asked people to come up and grab a candle and kneel in the hallways, without hesitation, I got up. I grabbed a candle and knelt down once again. I felt the worst pain in my knees, but it was worth it. I looked down and the candle, and I saw the image of AE candles. Mascara was running down my face, and at that moment I couldn't believe how Great our God really is. This was one of the most amazing adorations, I felt Christ was there, and he was saying it was okay, I love you and forgive you.

Don't let the fire die, and be empowered to do His will.


Sincerely,
Kathleen Michelle Reichenberger

1 comment: